Paris, 9 January 2017 – REGIMBEAU, European and French IP Attorneys, announce the publication of a work dedicated to one of the major European projects: the Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court (UPC). Following the announcement by the British Government ratifying the UPC Agreement, the Unitary Patent and the UPC should enter into force shortly.
In this context a number of REGIMBEAU’s European and French Patent Attorney have examined the various legal rules which will govern the future Unitary Patents and the Unified Patent Court, whose Central Division headquarters will be based in Paris.
“We had to scrutinize all the regulatory and legislative texts with the aim of producing an organized analysis of the different issues we will all be facing tomorrow” explains Francis AHNER, Partner at REGIMBEAU.
The book, entitled: “Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court: Europe adopts new tools to promote innovation” provides an insight for European economic players on the strategic elements which constitute the Unitary Patent and the UPC:
- Procedure and representation before the Unified Patent Court (UPC)
- Validity conditions and grounds for invalidity before the UPC
- Protection provided by the Patent and acts of infringement
- Languages of the Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court (UPC)
- Evidence for infringement
- Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Impact on license agreements
“The Unitary Patent presents a double advantage. Meaning businesses will be able to protect their inventions in the major European Union states through a centralized procedure all whilst achieving substantial savings.” explains Stéphanie CELAIRE, Partner at REGIMBEAU.